Karma System and Blogs

Last updated on 3 years ago
Routh
Routh Posted 3 years ago
This is a concept that won't be popular with everyone, however I feel that it will benefit the active members best.

I've been working out a karma system for The Den for the last couple months when I have some time. This system will be deployed in the coming months.

This is how it will work:

- New members start with a credit of 20 points.
- Posting a writing costs 10 points.
- Posting a comment earns 2 points if it is under 140 characters.
- Comments greater than 140 characters will earn 5 points, as this generally means serious feedback has been given as opposed to a "Nicely done." or similar comment.
- Rating a writing will earn 4 points.
- Participating in forum discussions will earn 2 points.
- Comments on your own writing will not grant points.
- Posting a blog will cost 50 points. This is because blogs on The Den are meant to be a diary of your writing adventures and challenges. They are not meant as a daily vent or political stage.
- A special blog type will be introduced called a promotional blog. Promotional blogs will be the only place on The Den where promotional links to your blog/book sales etc will be allowed on The Den. These will cost 100 points each to prevent spamming or abuse. Promotional links anywhere else on The Den will still be treated as spam.

The idea here is to create a positive feedback system that gets the idea into new users heads that The Den is not a place for you to post writings without participating. We are a community that requires it's members to give and take. Use up all your karma by posting without participating, and the system will automatically stop you from posting more until you've rectified this.
Chris Routh
Founder of The Den of Amateur Writing

"Don't try to be a great man; just be a man and let history make its own judgments." - Riker, Star Trek The Next Generation
last edited by Routh on 20-04-2016 01:38
4 posts
Don Roble
Don Roble Posted 3 years ago
This is something we need. Too many people post but don't participate. There aren't enough of us who do to keep up. I sometimes avoid logging in because of that.
Demonic
Demonic Posted 3 years ago
I actually like this idea. It not only has the potential of bringing the community of writers together, it gives the writers of the site what they need: Opinions and contributions on their work.
Routh
Routh Posted 3 years ago
I will hopefully have this implemented before too long along with a new version of the site. It's currently a work in progress, about halfway done.
Chris Routh
Founder of The Den of Amateur Writing

"Don't try to be a great man; just be a man and let history make its own judgments." - Riker, Star Trek The Next Generation
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You can start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Users who participated in discussion:Routh, Don Roble, Demonic