The Sims-Better On Gamecube or PC?

Last updated on 11 years ago
Scott Bolger
Scott Bolger Posted 15 years ago
Because of recomendations from my cousin and almost all my friend, I've FINALLY decided to go out and get the Sims (Yes I know I am slow, how could he ONLY go and get this game now??) and I've noticed its avliable for both Gamecube AND the PC. I don't usually use my computer for gaming so much, but I've been told by some that the Gamecube version is horrable. I was just wondering what anyone's opinion on this game is. I plan to go out to the store on Tuesday and see what they have.
"We know the sound of two hands clapping, but what is the sound of one hand clapping?"
-A Zen Koan
Routh
Routh Posted 15 years ago
I've never liked getting games like this one on console. The PC version is much more fun, there are online aspects to the game, like downloading new types of furniture and textures for the sims world into the game. I would recommend going PC with this title.
Chris Routh
Founder of The Den of Amateur Writing

"Don't try to be a great man; just be a man and let history make its own judgments." - Riker, Star Trek The Next Generation
Scott Bolger
Okay thanks. That's just what I'll do then Smile
"We know the sound of two hands clapping, but what is the sound of one hand clapping?"
-A Zen Koan
Mythbhavd
Mythbhavd Posted 15 years ago
Lol! Don't feel so bad, Scott. The last SIM game I played was the original SIM City. I've not had a chance to get into the new ones, although I understand they're great fun. So, until recently there were two of us who hadn't played. Now I suppose there's only one! Grin
Matt Coiner
Administrator, husband, dad, avid reader, sometimes writer

"The secret to writing is to write the first draft from your heart and the second from your head." - William Forrester in Finding Forrester
Si-Shen
Si-Shen Posted 15 years ago
No, last Sim game I played was Sim City 3000. I like the city games but micromanaging some mini-human like that is less then enjoyable to me. Although 'Spore' looks interesting
Only in the tales of men, does the hunter catch the wolf.
last edited by Routh on 26-07-2006 16:02
Mythbhavd
Mythbhavd Posted 15 years ago
I broke down and got the Sims2. It's pretty good.
Matt Coiner
Administrator, husband, dad, avid reader, sometimes writer

"The secret to writing is to write the first draft from your heart and the second from your head." - William Forrester in Finding Forrester
Scott Bolger

Mythbhavd wrote:
The last SIM game I played was the original SIM City.

Don't feel bad either, that game is a classic! I still have it for SNES and I still find guilty pleasure in making a swarm of little tornadoes hit my town Grin
-A Zen Koan
mcglone
mcglone Posted 11 years ago
despite this being an old thread, gamecubes were an epic fai... got one my self, it was just a useless pile of rubbish... had godzilla and mario kart + pokemon but we wont go into that, mario kart was good though haha..

anyway, The Sims is and forever will be wayyy bettr on the PC just because it feels natural. until they make ultra realistic 3d virtual reality goggles where everything is done minority report style PC is the way to go regarding sims.

Sims 3 is a must buy for sims fans.
Sims Medieval... not so much. haha
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.