What inspires you?

Last updated on 14 years ago
Sariel
Sariel Posted 14 years ago
When you are writing poetry? For me it's almost always a phrase. I will hear or read one, and it will strike the spark of inspiration in me, and i will sit down and write an entire poem based on it.

So what inspires the rest of you?
~Matt!
"Life is funny. You start out with limitless potential, but time is constantly shaving away the possibilities. Every choice you make is the choice not to do a thousand other things."
Mythbhavd
Mythbhavd Posted 14 years ago
That's a really good question. It depends on the style of writing. As a poet, I'd say that its usually an emotion for me. Whether it is serious or silly, the poem comes from something I'm feeling. The words just seem to be there when I go to write. Sometimes I get stuck, but it flows fairly easily once I've figured out the emotion and what caused it.
Matt Coiner
Administrator and general goober

"The secret to writing is to write the first draft from your heart and the second from your head." - William Forrester in Finding Forrester
Routh
Routh Posted 14 years ago
I'm a strange bird and most aspects of my persona are rather diverse, writing being no exception. Many things can inspire me for poetry - songs, emotions, scenery, a pretty face, an event, a tv program, friends... so many things, so little time to write them down...
Chris Routh
Founder of The Den of Amateur Writing

"Don't try to be a great man; just be a man and let history make its own judgments." - Riker, Star Trek The Next Generation
Marie A
Marie A Posted 14 years ago
WHat inspires me? Just about anything that has words, color, or light.
There is nothing new except what has been forgotten.
Marie Antoinette
BetsyBaby
BetsyBaby Posted 14 years ago
It seems as though almost anything can inspire me. A lot of it comes from my husband and my little boy. Or someone will say something that strikes me in just the right way that it will spark an idea.
"There never seems to be enough time, to do the things I wanna do..."

-Jim Croce
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.