Weird Dream

Last updated on 10 years ago
the_nev_a_prospect
the_nev_a_prospect Posted 10 years ago
Ok so it started with me holding a girl thats passed out or asleep and I'm trying to hold her upright as I carry her to someplace and then there's my best friend who's also a girl who looks at me at she looks jealous. Within the folds of her dress theres a sort of raw meatloaf thats supposed to be cooking or something wrapped in the fabric and theres a voice telling me the meatloaf isn't ready yet.

So I leave her and then I'm in a room with three or four people who look like those eccentric mad scientists you see in movies and they're all gathered around a table and on the table among many other boxes and cups and bottles theres a tiny eye dropps bottle with a drug. I drop some of it in my eyes and then I'm transported to a beach side.

It's dark like it's just befor dawn and there's people coming off busses like tourists at a bus station nearby. As I start to see bright colours and patterns from the drug form around me I'm starting to wonder if it was good idea to dose up and then walk alone in someplace I barely know.

Then three guys and a girl walk up to me and tell me something like "Hey dude we're gonna go for a walk now." but in a really creepy messed up way and I'm like okay and I'm starting to freak out. So we start walking and I notice all three of the dudes are gay. So I'm like "Okay... uhm I have to say this and I don't know if this will help, but I'm not gay, just so you know." Then they're like "Oh fine then... sorry about then." So they start acting friendly and we talk about different stuff as we walk along.

They're new to the town so I show them around and when they ask for someplace I haven't heard of I take out my iPhone and it's on some weird ultra-flashy looking version of Google Maps.

The next thing I'm in a Mercedes trying to do a U turn in a really narrow street and it's obviously an illegal maneuver or at least in my dream I was burning rubber and skidding the car to make the turn, so out of some bushes nearby a cop comes out riding a donkey and the donkey has like an old style hat. He's really pissed at me but I'm finally done turning so I just drive away and as I do he falls off the donkey allthewhile yelling at me while lieing on the street.

Next I'm on the top floor of an unfinished skyscraper that's connected to an oil refinery near the shore. The refinery proceeds to explode several different times over each time collapsing the skyscraper under me, until the next time the scene resets, before the refinery had exploded I grab onto a pillar and rock it back and forth until the skyscraper gently folds itself down onto is base like a stack of cards.

Then I'm at a basement with my grandfather and my mom and dad, and granpa's crying and saying he used to work at that refinery for the better part of his life. The basement has an elevator and my mom and dad are helping move my grandpa's stuff from the elevator to the basement.

Now that I look back on it the scene with the two girls is probably what triggered me to remember the whole dream. It's like some part of my mind that's always watching out for the good stuff is like "Ooohh this is getting interesting, better press Rec."
A small man, after the dice fall in his favour rejoices. A bigger man, asks himself if he might have been unintentionally cheating, in his passion to win?
last edited by the_nev_a_prospect on 28-01-2011 14:28
Don Roble
Don Roble Posted 10 years ago
deleted
last edited by Don Roble on 31-01-2011 19:42
flickeringfairy
flickeringfairy Posted 10 years ago
I find with dreams if you go back and take out the imagery and just leave the feelings you get insight into what it's about. So for instance, the voice says "The ... isn't ready." The tower collapsing under you. The wondering about being alone in a place you barely know. Or look each element up in a dream dictionary.

And then, for fun, use the imagery in some fantastical story that will one day make a really cool movie. I like the building one in particular.
Dante
Dante Posted 10 years ago
Let's remember to keep our commentary constructive, and on-topic.

Carry on.
You know what we need? More bacon.
Don Roble
I'll say this: dreams don't mean a damn thing. You don't control your dreams and seldom remember them. Something that you don't control, and can't remember, have little, if any, valid purpose. Dreams are only your imagination at work.

Is this better?
last edited by Don Roble on 31-01-2011 14:20
Dante
Dante Posted 10 years ago
Indeed it is. Thank you.
You know what we need? More bacon.
Kerri-Emmitt
Kerri-Emmitt Posted 10 years ago
Eh? I didn't see anything off-topic here... I was under the impression that this was an off-topic thread about 'things' in general, i.e more relaxed. Damn... perhaps I had it wrong all along then. In that case should I apologize for any untoward banter I may have made in the past six months? Frown
Administrator

I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!
Rob Kosy
Rob Kosy Posted 10 years ago
What about those dreams we had as teenagers, Don? Bit messy, but they served a vital bodily purpose, didn't they?

And don't worry, Kerri. It was your inner idiot (remember her?), though I must admit, I don't know how to stay on topic in an off topic thread, particularly when the subject is the crazy, ever-changing, topic of dreams.
'Untoward banter' is a great phrase, though.

Flickeringfairy made a good point. It's mainly the feeling of dreams I remember. Like when you've had a bad one then you realise it's just a dream. the feeling of relief is champion. Of course, when it happens in reverse it's crap.
Never sharpen fish in the presence of doves........
Kerri-Emmitt
Kerri-Emmitt Posted 10 years ago
Aye, she pops up now and then. Might have to get myself a verbal chastity belt to save myself from the watchdog. He he... Grin

Right, back 'on-topic'... I have always had vivid dreams and sometimes unfortunately, and mostly, I can remember every detail. A lot of them make no sense at all except for ones I may have about lost family members. I even remember my very first nightmare... Some elements of my stories come from my dreams but I also utilize that part of -relaxed-unfocused-almost asleep- moment just before oblivion to run through my imagination. Then I'll jot in down in the morning or right then and there. Dreams to me are just your minds way of blowing off steam; a much needed release for most, which is almost certainly fueled by emotion I believe.
Administrator

I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!
last edited by Kerri-Emmitt on 31-01-2011 23:33
Don Roble
Sorry, Rob, can't respond in kind. I've been told that's a no-no. No more humor from me.
the_nev_a_prospect
the_nev_a_prospect Posted 10 years ago
You know a cool trick to remember dreams. I usually set my alarm two hours before I have to wake up. So it rings I pick it up and set it forward two hours and go back to sleep. I've found out if you wake up then fall asleep again for a short period you remember what you dreamt about in between.
A small man, after the dice fall in his favour rejoices. A bigger man, asks himself if he might have been unintentionally cheating, in his passion to win?
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.