Re: The Current Poll

Last updated on 10 years ago
Mythbhavd
Mythbhavd Posted 11 years ago
The question isn't whether Gandalf would beat Spiderman. The question should be, "who would win between Gandalf and Alannon?" The answer, to which, would be, "Alannon."

Wink
Matt Coiner
Administrator, husband, dad, avid reader, sometimes writer

"The secret to writing is to write the first draft from your heart and the second from your head." - William Forrester in Finding Forrester
Dnavarre
Dnavarre Posted 11 years ago
Late to the party, Myth. This character battle has been going on since...July? April? Every ten days another notch in the tournament.

...and since when have you had 279 forum posts?
Mythbhavd
Mythbhavd Posted 11 years ago
I was a crazy poster up until the last year and a half. Then I was working on getting married, getting settled, and so forth. Smile
Matt Coiner

"The secret to writing is to write the first draft from your heart and the second from your head." - William Forrester in Finding Forrester
Dnavarre
Dnavarre Posted 11 years ago
Is this just a temporary thing, or are you back for good?
Mythbhavd
Mythbhavd Posted 10 years ago
Oh, I've never been gone. This is my homepage for my browser. Just don't always log-in. Smile
Matt Coiner

Jake
Jake Posted 10 years ago
Come on, Allanon is just a reincarnation of Gandalf.
Dnavarre
Dnavarre Posted 10 years ago
I had to look up Allanon. I never brought myself to pick up the Terry Goodkind series...who, I recently learned, is a guy.
Jake
Jake Posted 10 years ago
Allanon is from Terry Brooks's series, though. The Sword of Shanara Pfft
Dnavarre
Dnavarre Posted 10 years ago
My bad. I've never read either Terry's book series'.
Mythbhavd
Mythbhavd Posted 10 years ago
You should. He was inspired by Tolkien, but actually did it better. Smile
Matt Coiner

Jake
Jake Posted 10 years ago
I don't know if I'd say he did better, but the first four books of the Sword of Shanara series were really great when I read them as a young teen. The Wishsong, in particular, and the character Garet Jax, were fantastic.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.