Stuck

Last updated on 11 years ago
Dnavarre
Dnavarre Posted 11 years ago
Sign here if you've ever gotten stuck on Wikipedia before. Not stuck as in your computer froze, but stuck as in you started linking to all the other Wikipedia pages. I'm just wondering because I had to tear myself away from a linking that started at 9:20. It's now 10:28.

(note: I started with Guitar Hero: World Tour, linked to several songs and bands, and ended up at Samurai Jack, Choose Your Own Adventure books, Dexter's Laboratory before I left.)

(second note: This happens roughly once a week)
Vermithrax
Vermithrax Posted 11 years ago
I don't trust Wikipedia; It's written by people like me.

Sometimes I don't trust me either; especially when the blood in my caffeine system begins to peak, and the hallucinations start.

I begin to think I can write, hehehehe Smile
Vermithrax

Don't try To Fix Me; I'm Not Broken.
Please Do Not Cling To Me; I Swear I Can't Fix You.
Don Roble
Don Roble Posted 11 years ago
Vermithrax is right. Using Wikipedia for anything is exactly like making up an answer. I prefer that anyway.
Dnavarre
Every Wikipedia statement needs a proper external link showing where all information was obtained. Any bullshitting is deleted by other members and the page is reversed to a former, correct, version.
Don Roble
Wikipedia is an unreliable source. There are legitimate encyclopedia's out there so why rely on something that anyone can write?

When I'm sick, I rely on medicine not voodoo.
Dnavarre
Because some people don't want to have to scour the recent magazines to find something out and not everybody's going to pay for a commercial about something or pay for a website. For instance, there's been this movie I've been waiting to come out; it didn't. Instead of searching for hours on the little-known 3d animated film, wikipedia told me it had been canceled and tossed me a link right to the page where it was announced it had been canceled, just days before release.
Dnavarre
and besides, it's not like I use it for conventional information. More of soundtracks, what a band's plans are, ect.
Don Roble
That's different then. Wikipedia is fine for that.
Kerri-Emmitt
Kerri-Emmitt Posted 11 years ago
When I'm sick, I rely on medicine not voodoo. - lolz, this should be your signature Don! Smile
Administrator

I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!
juve7
juve7 Posted 11 years ago
Yeah the exact thing happened to me the other day. I started with Harry Potter and ended up looking at Messiah complex. Then I sat and wondered where the last hour went.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.