Music

Last updated on 10 years ago
Dnavarre
Dnavarre Posted 13 years ago
What kind of music do you listen to? What bands are your favorites? Play any instruments (not school band instruments XD)? In a band? Post it here!

I love rock and alternative. Metal and screamo are too hard for me to like. It just gets on my nerves.

I LOVE Angels and Airwaves (AvA), and impatiently awaiting a third album that will undoubtedly be released this year...hopefully

I play guitar, and are in a band. www.myspace.com/amonotonehero
All of my songs are free to download for anybody. Smile see how nice I am.
wrytur
wrytur Posted 13 years ago
I'm a product of the 70s, so I like the Classic Rock from then, before it became poisoned by disco and big hair. Lately, I've been listening to Progressive Rock. Check it out at www.prog.fm Wink
Reality can destroy the dream; why shouldn't the dream destroy reality?
- George Moore
kt6550
kt6550 Posted 13 years ago
Mozart, Bach, Brahms, Miles Davis, Lee Konitz, Michel Camillo, Allison Kraus, Branford Marsalis, Stravinsky, Kitaro, The Who, The Beatles, Lacuna Coil, Evanescence, Haydn, Beethoven(Piano and string quartet only), Ray Brown, Otis Redding, Aretha Franklin, early Chick Corea (before he became electrified), Gary Burton, did I miss anyone? If so, just email me.
hobnogs
hobnogs Posted 12 years ago
Tchaikovsky, Rimsky-Korsakov, Vaughan-Williams, Holst, Elgar, Puccini, Grieg, Strauss, Schubert, Schumann, Chopin, Brahms, Boccherini, Vivaldi, J.S. Bach; Dougie Maclean (his older stuff), Capercaillie, Alasdair Fraser, Mick McGoldrick, Gordon Gunn, Aly & Phil, Preston Reed, Simon & Garfunkel, most good traditional scottish stuff; Coldplay, Keane, Evanescence, Travis, R.H.C.P., Nickelback (some I completely love, some I completely hate), R.E.M., E.L.O., Beatles
I play the violin (been playing for 6 years), but play around with the guitar and sometimes attempt singing! Always dreamed of playing the harmonica too . . . these four instruments were all inspired when I was little by Dougie Maclean. I listen to practically anything except RnB/dance mixes and really heavy metal. My main hobby is composing and arranging. A future career is between english and music! GrinGrin
"Five exclamation marks, the sure sign of an insane mind." - Terry Pratchett, 'Masquerade'
Genevieve_Delacroix
Genevieve_Delacroix Posted 12 years ago
I listen to a bit of everything, but some of my new interests are James Morrison, Safety Suit, Parachute Musical, and Muse.

But some of my all-time favorites are Jack's Mannequin, Paramore, Jackson Browne, Dave Matthews Band, John Mayer, and Bullet For My Valentine.
I hate the idea of causes, and if I had to choose between betraying my country and betraying my friend,
I hope I should have the guts to betray my country.

-[E.M. Forster]
Xeohelios
Xeohelios Posted 12 years ago
Poison, skid row, 30 seconds to mars, winger, u2, twisted sister,red hot chili peppers. hanoi rocks, guns n roses etc etc
I might only be 19 but i love 80's metal
i also play guitar in a band
www.myspace.com/hellofleetstreetGrin
Zaix
Zaix Posted 12 years ago
Might as well,

Angerfist, Evil Activities, Hard Creations, Nosferatu & Endyiom, DJ Mad Dog, Stone Sour, Nightwish ( Tuomas Holopainen in particular ), Opeth, Eric Clapton, Epica, Abba, Alphabeat, John Williams, The man behind the FFX Soundtrack, Rise Against, Blink 182.

To name but a few.
alexsunsoar
alexsunsoar Posted 12 years ago
lets see....I love all kinds of music really but......at the moment I going through this stage that I have to listen to: Within temptation, Emilie Autumn, Evanescence, Lacuna Coil, Paramore, Flyleaf, and Shiny Toy Guns.

For some reason I am going through an a girls group thing.Grin
Si-Shen
Si-Shen Posted 12 years ago
Rather then list all the possible results from me, I shall simply say that I enjoy most music, except rap. Right now my favorites tend to be J-pop and J-rock.
Only in the tales of men, does the hunter catch the wolf.
Scott Bolger
Scott Bolger Posted 12 years ago
Oh boy...you guys have asked for it. This is a list of my favorite bands, probably with a few missing. It's pretty much a hodgepodge of the classic rock from the 1950s to the 1980s.

AC/DC, Aerosmith, Alcatrazz, Aldo Nova, American Hi-Fi, Andy Kim, Angel, The Animals, April Wine, Argent, Asia, Autograph, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Bad Company, Bad English, Badfinger, The Band, Barenaked Ladies, The Beatles, The Beau Brummels, Billy Joel, Black N' Blue, The Black Crows, Black Sabbath, Blue Cheer, Bob Dylan, Bon Jovi, Boston, Brave Belt, Bread, Brinty Fox, Brownsville Station, Bryan Adams, Buddy Holly, The Byrds, The Cars, Cheap Trick, Chilliwack, Cinderella, Cozy Powell, Cream, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, The Cult, The Cutting Crew, The Cyrkle, Danger Danger, Daniel Boone, The Darkness, Deep Purple, Def Leppard, Dio, Dokken, Don McLean, Dream Theater, The Eagles, The Easybeats, Eddie Money, The Edgar Winter Group, Edison Lighthouse, Elton John, England Dan & John Ford Coley, Enuff Z'Nuff, Europe, The Faces, Faster Pussycat, The Fire Apes, Firehouse, The First Edition, Five Man Electrical Band, Fleetwood Mac, The Flying Burrito Brothers, The Flying Machine, Foghat, Foreigner, Free, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Glass Tiger, Grand Funk Railroad, The Grateful Dead, The Guess Who, Guns 'N Roses, Harlequin, Harmonium, Headpins, Heart, Helix, The Hollies, Husker Du, Iron Butterfly, James Blunt, James Taylor, Janis Joplin, Jason Mraz, Jay & The Americans, The Jayhawks, Jefferson Starship, Jet, Jimmy Cliff, Joan Jett, John Coltrane, John Lennon, Joni Mitchell, Journey, Keel, Kim Mitchell, King Kobra, Kingdom Come, The Kingsmen, The Kinks, Kiss, The Knack, L.A. Guns, Leatherwolf, Led Zeppelin, Loverboy, The Mamas & The Papas, Manowar, Max Webster, Mika, The Monkees, Motley Crue, Moxy, Mr. Big, Neil Young, Night Ranger, Nine Days, Nitro, Nora Jones, Oasis, The Partridge Family, Pink Floyd, Poison, Presidents Of The USA, Queen City Kids, Queens Of The Stone Age, Quiet Riot, R.E.M, Rainbow, Rare Earth, Ratt, Redbone, REO Speedwagon, Rick Astely, Rik Emmett, Robert Steven Petitpas, Supernova, The Rolling Stones, The Romantics, Roxx Gang, Roy Orbison, The Runaways, Rush, SmashMouth, The Stampeders, Stealers Wheel, Steelheart, Steely Dan, Steppenwolf, The Steve Miller Band, Sting, Streetheat, Styx, Survivor, Sweet, Teaze, Them, Three Dog Night, TNT, Tom Petty, Toronto, The Traveling Wilburys, The Tremeloes, The Trews, Triumph, Trixter, Trooper, The Turtles, Twisted Sister, Van Halen, Van Morrison, Whitesnake, The Velvet Underground, Vixen, The Vougues, W.A.S.P, Warrant, White Lion, The Who, Winger, Wings, Y&T, Yes, Yngwie Malmsteen, Zebra, The Zombies

whew....
"We know the sound of two hands clapping, but what is the sound of one hand clapping?"
-A Zen Koan
Don Roble
Don Roble Posted 12 years ago
The truth is: it starts and ends with The Beatles. I like others, mind you, but The Beatles are it.
daydreamer08
daydreamer08 Posted 12 years ago
i love songs of..
Taylor Swift
Rascal Flatts
Westlife
NSync
A1
Mandy Moore
Secondhand Serenade
Amber Pacific
Avril Lavigne
The Click Five
Boys Like Girls
Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
All Americans Reject
Jonas Brothers
The Beatles
Boyzone
The Cranberries
Paramore
Muse
and a lot more.. Grin

i love listening to piano instrumentals..
compostions of Yiruma, Pachelbel, Bach, Beethoven.

i play piano. i also own a guitar but i stopped learning it. Smile
last edited by daydreamer08 on 02-10-2009 18:57
Vermithrax
Vermithrax Posted 12 years ago
Within Temptation,
Lacuna Coil,
Sirenia,
The Moody Blues,
Asia,
All About Eve,
The Alan Parson Project,
Barclay James Harvest
George Fredrich Handel
Leave's Eyes
Inkkubus Sukkubus,
Nightwish,
Jean-Michel Jarre,
Mediveal Baebes,
Blackmore's Night,
ELO
ELP
plus all those genii too numerous to mention.
Vermithrax

Don't try To Fix Me; I'm Not Broken.
Please Do Not Cling To Me; I Swear I Can't Fix You.
Caffeine
Caffeine Posted 12 years ago
Mostly Guns n roses, Led Zeppelin AC/DC and muse these days
Don't forget to comment and rate the story's!!
A Single Square Portrait
A Single Square Portrait Posted 12 years ago
Atlas Sound, Deer Hunter, Beach House, MGMT, Astrobrite, Arcade Fire, Balmorhea, Battles, The Beach Boys, Black Dice, The Black Keys, Black Moth Super Rainbow, Bob Dylan, Broken Social Scene, Candy Claws, Caspian, Crawling Through Her Ghosts, Crippled Black Phoenix, Crystal Antlers, Crystal Castles, Crystals Stilts -Yes lots of crystals - Daft Punk, The Day Dream Everlasting, Arc Celeste, Department of Eagles, Dinosaur Jr, Dirty Projectors, Do Make Say Think, Ducktails, Eat Skull, El Guincho, El Ten Eleven, Eluvium, Erik Satie, Envy, Eric Copeland, Explosions In The Sky, The Flaming Lips, Fleet Foxes, Flying Lotus, Fool's Gold, Fuck Buttons, Gang Gang Dance, Ghostface Killah, Ghostland Observatory, Goatface, God Is An Astronaut, God Speed You Black Emperor, Grouper, Guitar Wolf, GZA, HEALTH, Here We Go Magic, High Places, Hualun, Indian Jewelry, Isis, Jimi Hendrix, Justice, Land Of Talk, Lightning Bolt, Lotus Plaza, Low Motion Disco, Lupe Fiasco, Madlib, Magic Magic, Maps & Atlases, Maserati, Menomena, Mogwai, Mono, Monsters Of Folk, Mos Def, Mum, My Bloody Valentine, My Education, The National, No Age, Nurses, The Octopus Project, Odawas, Om, Pelican, Phoenix, The Pixies, Pocahaunted, Portugal. The Man, Pylon, Radiohead, Riceboy Sleeps, Russian Circles, Samuel Jackson Five, Saxon Shore, Sean Bones, Sharks Keep Moving, Sian Alice Group, Sigur Ros, A Silver Mount Zion, The Skygreen Leopards, Sleepy Sun, Slick Rick, Sonic Youth, Spiritualized, Stars of the Lid, Sun O))), A Sunny Day In Glasgow, These Arms Are Snakes, This Will Destroy You, Tobacco, A Tribe Called Quest, Tristeza, Universal Studios Florida, Valet, Vampire Weekend, Wang-Wen, Wavves, White Denim, Wolf Parade, Wooden Shjips, World's End Girlfriend, Wu Tang Clan, XX, Yndi Halda, Yo La Tengo, 65daysofstatic.

Much Much more than this ... these are just current plays.

blue_veined_hatred
blue_veined_hatred Posted 12 years ago
i am mostly the head banger, though i occassionally enjoy soft songs too. here goes the list:
AC/DC, Aerosmith, Ozzy Osbourne, Rascal Flatts, Children of Bodom, John Denver, Jimmy Hendrix, The Starting Line, Trivium, Nightwish, Seether, The All American Rejects, 12 Stones, Breaking Benjamin, Poets of the Fall, Cradle of Filth, System of a Down, Behemoth, A Black Daliha Murder, Napalm Death, Opeth, Inscination, Creed, Pantera, Nirvana....
There are more..... I can't remember
a restless death awaits
KwajChristine
KwajChristine Posted 11 years ago
I LOVE The All-American Rejects and Boys Like Girls. Smile
PaigeTurner
PaigeTurner Posted 11 years ago
I like music with meaning. Classical, and alternative. I play bass guitar but I'm not in a band. My favorite bands include Blink-182, AFI, Evenescence and Fugazi.
What would I do?
savage_cushions
savage_cushions Posted 11 years ago
The Watch, Cirrus Bay, IQ, It Bites, Secret Green, Lyrian, Big Big Train, The Decemberists, Astra, Moon Safari and of course Reg Atkins and his semi-accoustic log band
Savage Cushions

"If I had all the money I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink"
last edited by savage_cushions on 12-03-2010 19:23
Feedyourhead
Feedyourhead Posted 11 years ago
Music Smile
lots of greatful dead, i listen to mostly indie for example : minuse the bear, artic monkeys, citzen cope anything really tht i can jam too and has a soft melody
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.