Pantoum

Last updated on 12 years ago
EveOfRevolution
EveOfRevolution Posted 12 years ago
Hello, I'm a relatively minor member of Amateur Writing, pretty much as a class assignment, but I had a reply to one of my posts requesting to explain the type of poem on the forum here. The poem type is a pantoum, it is a type of structured poem from the east. It is a poem of four stanzas of four lines each, so sixteen lines in total, but only eight lines are unique; the other eight are simply the first eight repeated in the certain structure. Simply write out eight lines that have somewhat relevance to eachother and arrange them in the following order: 1234, 2546, 5768, 7381 so that once the poem is complete, the lines in their mixed and repeated uses will flow into one solid piece. It is up to the poet if they rhyme or not, but the challenge is writing lines that once put into the pantoum form, that they make sense when arranged so.

I have so far posted two pantoums in my writings: The Saint's Creed, and an edited and revised version of the orginal Saint's Creed. Here is the link to my writings or just go directly to my section: EveOfRevolution. http://www.amateurwriting.com/infusions/writings/members.php

Please read and comment, and try a pantoum of your own.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.