Pierre and Marie

Last updated on 14 years ago
Mythbhavd
Mythbhavd Posted 14 years ago
Has anyone had the chance to see this play? Waynesboro Players, a community acting group to which I belong, is going to be doing the play this spring and I've been asked to audition for the part of Bemont. I've not had a chance to read the script yet, but I love the director who's doing it, so I know it will be a good play.

http://www.waynesboroplayers.org/Shows/Pierre%20and%20Marie/pierre_and_marie.htm
Matt Coiner
Administrator and general goober

"The secret to writing is to write the first draft from your heart and the second from your head." - William Forrester in Finding Forrester
last edited by Mythbhavd on 21-11-2005 16:54
Mythbhavd
Mythbhavd Posted 14 years ago
Woot! I got the part. We had our auditions Friday night and I am now officially Gustave B?mont. He was a friend and fellow scientist of Pierre Curie. He was quite the inventor, although his accomplishments pale in the co-discovery of Radium with Pierre and Marie Curie.

I've got to tell y'all. This is a really nice little play. It is a French play written by Jean-Noel Fenwick and was translated by Ron Clark. The French version is Les Palmes de M. Schutz.

The playwrite did a great job with the play. It manages to stay pretty accurate historically, while being light enough to keep the audience really entertained. I've read through the script and have really fallen in love with it. I can't wait to meet the others of the cast and get into rehearsals.

The interesting thing is we're going to have a lllooooonnnnngggg run of rehearsals. We start Dec 4. The play starts in the last weekend of March. That's pretty late for the mid season play, but we'll definitely have the play worked out by then.

Susanne, our director, is a really fun director. At least, I like her. Some of the other players don't. She's pretty demanding when it comes to learning lines and, early on, she's a stickler for the blocking. However, once the players get really involved in the play and really know their parts, she allows a lot of creativity to take place. It's when you've really gotten to know your character and feel how they think and act that she really allows you to make changes and so forth. One thing I've found with her is that, on the day that play opens, there is no doubt that you're going to be in a good show.

I've also gotta grow a beard and moustache for this thing. I started two weeks ago. I've finally gotten past the itchy stage. Now, I just look scruffy. Ugh. I've always prefered the clean shaven look. Definitely feels strange. Oh, and she's gonna make me dye my hair and beard red! lol! This isn't the first time. The first play I did with her, she made me dye it black. Here we go again. I was talking to Grail, the dude who does my hair, and he said I'd actually look good with red hair. He also told me to avoid black. Go figure. :o)

The play itself takes place mostly in the laboratory used by Pierre, Marie, and Gustave. It centers around how she was brought into the team, the struggles they had with the university sponsoring them, the growing romance between Pierre and Marie, and the discovery of Radium.

Good stuff.
Matt Coiner
Administrator and general goober

"The secret to writing is to write the first draft from your heart and the second from your head." - William Forrester in Finding Forrester
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.