J.K. Rowling Kills Two in final book

Last updated on 14 years ago
Mythbhavd
Mythbhavd Posted 14 years ago
According to the BBC, J.K. Rowling is going to kill off two characters in her final book. She's admitted that Harry is not among the two who will die, but refuses to elaborate on who will die. Who do you think will receive the axe?

The article: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainm...119836.stm
Matt Coiner
Administrator, husband, dad, avid reader, sometimes writer

"The secret to writing is to write the first draft from your heart and the second from your head." - William Forrester in Finding Forrester
BetsyBaby
BetsyBaby Posted 14 years ago
This breaks my heart. I've followed Harry Potter ever since the very first book was published. I have the first six books in hardcover that I plan to give to my son someday. And of course, book 7 when it comes out. Seeing as how Sirius Black and Dumbledore have both already been killed, this is a tough question. I'm kind of hoping she'll kill off either Draco or Lucius Malfoy. Like father, like son they're both pure evil. Also, given that Harry has suffered so much sorrow in his life (losing his parents, watching Cedric Diggory get killed by He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, losing Sirius, losing Dumbledore, etc.) it wouldn't be unheard of for her to take away his best friend, Ron Weasley. I'm so anxious to read the last book, but at the same time, I'm kind of sad. I can't believe it's all going to be over as soon as that book gets published. Its been such a big part of my life for so long, I mean, I've known Harry Potter longer than I've known my husband! Anyway, back to the question at hand, I'm going to say Draco and Ron will be the two to be killed.
"There never seems to be enough time, to do the things I wanna do..."

-Jim Croce
Genevieve_Delacroix
Genevieve_Delacroix Posted 14 years ago
Well, there's no possible way to predict the outcome for sure---JK Rowling is far too genius a writer to allow us into the workings of her mind...however, I agree with BetsyBaby....to have one of Harry's closest friends die would be in keeping with Rowling's style...unless of course she decides to mix things up a little...who knows....it's all speculation Grin
I hate the idea of causes, and if I had to choose between betraying my country and betraying my friend,
I hope I should have the guts to betray my country.

-[E.M. Forster]
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.