A Party to Murder

Last updated on 13 years ago
Mythbhavd
Mythbhavd Posted 13 years ago
I've decided to take the plunge and direct my first play. I've finally nailed down my cast and our first rehearsal is next week. When I first read the script, I wasn't sure what I thought of the play. But, when I read it again, I fell in love. It's a play about a murder mystery that's being held in an Island cottage. A bunch of millionaires are together playing it and the winner gets his or her choice of prize. The play starts with one guy winning. He chooses to ask each person for something unique. And, none of them want to give up what he wants. He winds up murdered. No one is upset, but everyone is now trying to figure out who did it.

The thing that sets this apart from typical plays is that it has two major twists at the end of the play. I think that's what really caught me. Has anyone seen or heard of it? If so, what did you think?
Matt Coiner
Administrator and general goober

"The secret to writing is to write the first draft from your heart and the second from your head." - William Forrester in Finding Forrester
Routh
Routh Posted 13 years ago
Good luck my friend. I hope everything goes well.
Chris Routh
Founder of The Den of Amateur Writing

"Don't try to be a great man; just be a man and let history make its own judgments." - Riker, Star Trek The Next Generation
Sariel
Sariel Posted 13 years ago
Wow, good on you for starting to direct. Are you directing it for a school, or what?

Good luck with it.
~Matt!
"Life is funny. You start out with limitless potential, but time is constantly shaving away the possibilities. Every choice you make is the choice not to do a thousand other things."
Mythbhavd
Mythbhavd Posted 13 years ago
It's a community theater group. Waynesboro Players. I've been acting with them now for about six or seven years. I'm a member in several community groups around here. I don't think I've ever lived in an area with so many theater groups. Smile
Matt Coiner
Administrator and general goober

"The secret to writing is to write the first draft from your heart and the second from your head." - William Forrester in Finding Forrester
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.