High Druid of Shannara

Last updated on 15 years ago
Mythbhavd
Mythbhavd Posted 15 years ago
I just got the last book of the High Druid of Shannara series. I cut my fantasy novel teeth on Terry Brooks and he's never let me down. The same is the case for this series.

In this series, Grianne Ohmsford (The Ilse Witch turned Ard Rhys (head of the Third Druid Counsel)) is banished by rivals into the Forbidding. Her nephew is drafted by the King of the Silver River to rescue her. Over the trilogy, each is called upon to sacrfice much of what they hold dear and the ending of the series is certainly a surprise. I enjoyed it and look forward to his next book.
Matt Coiner
Administrator, husband, dad, avid reader, sometimes writer

"The secret to writing is to write the first draft from your heart and the second from your head." - William Forrester in Finding Forrester
Routh
Routh Posted 15 years ago
You've been professing a love of Terry Brooks for some time now.. so much so - I want to prod you to do an article about him and the series he's done.. since you sound like a professional fan Wink
Chris Routh
Founder of The Den of Amateur Writing

"Don't try to be a great man; just be a man and let history make its own judgments." - Riker, Star Trek The Next Generation
Caine
Caine Posted 15 years ago
I like Terry Brooks as well, although the only books by him that I have read are the ones in the The Word and The Void trilogy. The three books, in order from 1-3, are:

Running With the Demon
A Knight of the Word
Angel Fire East

I really enjoyed them. Perhaps I will re-read them and write a little review on the series. Its been a few years since I read them, so dont expect a review next week or anything. Pfft
"He who bears the brand of Caine shall rule the Earth." - George Bernard Shaw
Mythbhavd
Mythbhavd Posted 15 years ago
Yeah, those were really unique. They were a step away from his normal series and a bit darker than what he usually writes. I wish he'd write more along that line. If you liked that series, you may like "Faerie Tale" by Raymond Feist. Again, it's an author stepping away from his typical style of writing and basing it here in the "real world." I enjoyed it as well.
Matt Coiner
Administrator, husband, dad, avid reader, sometimes writer

"The secret to writing is to write the first draft from your heart and the second from your head." - William Forrester in Finding Forrester
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.