What are you...

Last updated on 15 years ago
Mythbhavd
Mythbhavd Posted 15 years ago
...reading this week? How is it?
Matt Coiner
Administrator, husband, dad, avid reader, sometimes writer

"The secret to writing is to write the first draft from your heart and the second from your head." - William Forrester in Finding Forrester
Sariel
Sariel Posted 15 years ago
Memories of Ice by Steven Erikson - A steller book in an amazing series. Complicated british fantasy, just what I love the most
~Matt!
"Life is funny. You start out with limitless potential, but time is constantly shaving away the possibilities. Every choice you make is the choice not to do a thousand other things."
Routh
Routh Posted 15 years ago
I haven't been reading anything this week... Way to much work. I am waiting for the release of the third book in Christopher Paolini's dragon rider series however.
Chris Routh
Founder of The Den of Amateur Writing

"Don't try to be a great man; just be a man and let history make its own judgments." - Riker, Star Trek The Next Generation
Sariel
Shadowmarch by Tad Williams. Loved the Otherland series (for the most part, thought the ending was weak) so I thought I would delve into some of his fantasy. 120 larger than standard sized pages into it, so far very enjoyable. Grrr at the non standard sized paperbacks... dont fit in my pockets.

Detailed world, a rich and flavourful cast, and a writing style that pulls one breathlessly forward, I am a 5th of the way through it, and I already know I am going to hate waiting for the next one to come out.
~Matt!
"Life is funny. You start out with limitless potential, but time is constantly shaving away the possibilities. Every choice you make is the choice not to do a thousand other things."
Sariel
I read that last book in 2 and a half days... wow, I enjoyed. Now I just have to wait for the next one to come out... no clue when thats going to happen.

Now reading City of Golden Shadow by Tad Williams - Book 1 in the Otherland series

Read the series a few times before, but it's very in-depth, so every re-read I grasp more of the storey, and learn new things. As I stated before, the ending was pretty weak, but the series itself is well worth the read.

And I never say that about sci-fi.
~Matt!
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.